Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Best Summer Eva!

What is the most outrageous thing you did so far this year?

Sounds a bit like a truth or dare question.

Sadly, as much as I think and think, I can't remember a single outrageous event.
Not even a semi-odd one.
Not even an embarrassing moment.

What did I do all summer?

Cooked, cleaned, shopped, painted, created, strolled, comforted,
listened, shared, wondered, dreamed, worried and laughed.

DSCN0290 (by Lex Leigh / Uptown Avenue)

It's a Wrap! (by Lex Leigh / Uptown Avenue)

That's about it.

No fantastical vacations, but I did soak in the rays at the beach.

No heart-stopping rollercoaster rides, but I did have many picnics with my family and friends.

DSCN9345 copy (by Lex Leigh / Uptown Avenue)

My summer maybe wasn't as exciting as yours, but I loved it just the same.

I didn't spend much cash, but it was rich in love. I didn't travel miles from home,
but I had lots of in depth conversations with those I love.

For sure, without a doubt, this summer has been one of my favorites.

-Theresa

3 comments:

  1. I think I must "second" that! I have had an outstanding summer. Not that me & my girls did anything terribly exuberant or even traveleved great distances on outrageous adventures, but we just hung out TOGETHER & had some non-stop simple fun all summer long! A favorite summer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only interesting thing I've done this year was my honeymoon road trip in January. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so pretty!

    I have not done anything exciting either. Pretty sad. I must do something fun before the year is up.

    ReplyDelete