Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pacific City

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda

Well after the big site launch we decided to go to the coast for a couple days. Little fact: Oregonians usually call the beach the "coast" because it's nothing like tropical beaches. It is mostly overcast, chilly {perfect sweatshirt weather!} and windy. Fun, nonetheless! Crashing waves always calm me down and help me realize that day to day problems are smaller than they seem.

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda
One of the three "Haystack" rocks in Oregon

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda
Climbing this hill is a GREAT [intense!] workout for your legs!

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda

When I was little I wanted to be an Oceanographer. Ocean life fascinates me! I missed this scenery so much when I lived in Kansas City, but glad to be close to the Pacific again. Did anyone else watch the BBC's Ocean series recently? Amazing! I get my fill watching shows like that and visiting places like this!

And we found the cutest coffee shop in Pacific City! It's called Stimulus - great name, no?

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda

They feature the art of local artists, which always makes me happy in my heart!

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda
I absolutely adored these giclee prints of oil on canvas by Marilyn Burkhardt

Pacific City - Stimulus Cafe

Pacific City - Stimulus Cafe

Pacific City - Stimulus Cafe

And some gorgeous mixed media pieces by Teresa Mahannah also!

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda

Pacific City - Cape Kiwanda

I found her on Etsy with two GREAT shops, Artsy Rubbish which sells really fun tiles, and Yellow Dog Vintage that has some amazing vintage finds! Now if only I could find where she sells her mixed media pieces like the ones found at Stimulus...


That's all I have for today! I'm working on setting up the Etsy shop and adding more products to the website!

Cheers!
-Lex

PS:
You can see more pictures of our trip in my Flickr stream if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment