Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

My father always had a load of good things to say, but the most profound thing he told me was when I was in my twenties. I had said, "Wow, Dad, you've really changed since I've grown up." His response, "Theresa, I'm not the one who grew up." I had to think about that one a bit as it caught me off guard.

As we grow older, we hopefully grow wiser, less selfish, less demanding, more content, more forgiving.

The past is the past and the future is waiting for you to create it.

Today, share you love with the man who loves you as only a father can. Leave him
with a tidbit that makes him stop and think a bit. Tell him you love him, silently forgive him
for all his short comings and let your heart be light and trouble free. The past is the past, the present is a gift, and the future is an unfolding adventure!

Cheers!
Theresa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dad for all your sacrifices! I love you,
    happy father's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on Friday Follow. I'm your newest follower on your super awesome blog!

    KyAnn

    http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete