Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Spring!

When the sun comes out and the temps get warmer, I cant' stay inside! As an artist, I love the colors in nature and Springtime in Oregon is eye-popping (guess all those long months of rain, rain and more rain really paid off). Blooms are everywhere - flowers, shrubs and trees - petals fall like snowflakes and cover the streets like intricate lace. The fresh air is fragrant and refreshing (let's not talk about hay fever here!). Anyway - the colors and textures inspire me so much I can hardly sleep at night - instead, I design in my mind (Can't exactly fire up the sewing machine or break out the paintbrushes when the sleepy members of my family are in dreamland). But in the morning when I wake up (guess I accidentally doze off sometime between midnight and sunrise) I begin to create! Look for new goodies popping up in our handmade shop.

What inspires you? What new blooms (ideas!) is Spring bringing your way? I'd love to hear!

Blessing,
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment