Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's a Wrap!

We ate a wonderful lunch at a new cafe the other day and I went home and tried to duplicate it - minus the mayo! Here's the recipe:

Ingredients: (adjust portions to your own tastes)

In a large bowl mix 1 cup plain yogurt with 3 TBS of honey (my substitution for the mayo!)

It's a Wrap! (by Lex Leigh / Uptown Avenue)

Add:

2 cups cooked, cubed chicken breast
1 apple, sliced and cubed
1 cup seedless grapes - cut in 1/2 or 1/3's
3/4 chopped walnuts
3/4 cup Craisins

It's a Wrap! (by Lex Leigh / Uptown Avenue)

Stir all together and spoon into a tortilla or pita!

It's a Wrap! (by Lex Leigh / Uptown Avenue)

It's a Wrap! (by Lex Leigh / Uptown Avenue)

Take to work, school or picnic in a stylish bento!

It's a Wrap! (by Lex Leigh / Uptown Avenue)

Bon Appetit!!
Theresa

P.S. Let me know how you like it :-)

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely but I don't eat meat... Maybe I could try it with eggs of fake chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowbell - I rarely eat meat, it would be quite tasty if you substituted the chicken for some marinated tofu as well :)

    -Lex

    ReplyDelete